For five generations of winemakers we have been committed to respecting traditions of Champagne and Montagne de Reims, for you to enjoy today the distinct style of our wines. The origin of the estate dates back to the nineteenth century. Its magnificent vaulted cellars were built in 1820 and its first champagne bottle was made by Alfred Ravez in 1863.
Ravez family was the first property owner. A Ravez’s daughter married a Quenardel and gave birth to Francis Quenardel. In 1956 Francis joined his father in Verzenay to work with him at the estate. This was the starting point for Champagne Quenardel et Fils…
Francis took over the estate in 1965 after planting vines on many quality vineyards around Reims and growing the property to 7 hectares. In 1989 he bought from his cousin Jean-François Ravez the house and cellars on Place Carnot. In the 1980s, Christel Quenardel, married Jean-Christophe Faucomprez. Young couple took over the estate in 1993 and two decades later they entrust the estate and its terroirs to Labruyère Family.
One of the traditions we defend is the extended ageing of all our wines. Today we would like to bring the estate among Grower’s Champagne elite by combining traditions, advanced winemaking and vineyard designated approach in order to value each of our terroirs.
|Champagne Quenardel & Fils
|SIZE OF THE VINEYARD