The Maison Blanche was founded by the Constant-Pineau family around 1875, enlarged and replanted by Louis Rapin, then embellished by Gérard Despagne. It is a beautiful estate of 40 hectares located southwest of the appellation Montagne Saint-Émilion, between Lalande-de-Pomerol, north, and Saint-Émilion, south and Pomerol to the west.
Almost in the center, a large nineteenth century white stone house in Poitou, in the heart of a park, commands a set of buildings housing traditional vats, one of the largest cellars barrels of the libournais and an underground vault of old vintages.
We inherited our wine making skills from the Despagne family and our land from the Rapin family. We are wine growers and wine makers. Maison-Blanche is our heritage. Nathalie and Nicolas join the family vineyards respectively in 1994 and 1995. They are associated with the management of the operation until 2003, when they become the majority and Nicolas co-manager.
Nicolas Despagne expresses his passion for wine and decided to convert all family vineyards to organic farming in autumn 2005. After three years of conversion, 2009 will give the first wines from organic grapes certified by Ecocert, according to the formula. Retroactively, because of the naturalness of their vinification and their breeding, they will even be certified organic wines according to the legislation of 2012.
|Montagne Saint Emilion
|Family property. Since 2013 under Nicolas Despagne management
|SIZE OF THE VINEYARD
|30000 to 90000 bottles